Based in Seattle, Washington
Dec 30, 2009
Press / Business Contact:
Contact for more info
DescriptionLaboratory Games LLC was founded by Clayton Grey and Samuel Strick. Our focus is on developing games where the narrative and action are conveyed through play.
Clayton and Sam met in at Parsons School of Design in the spring of 2007. After being paired-up for a project, they instantly developed a rapport and have been working together ever since. Over the years they have continued to develop games on the side for the desktop, tabletop, and mobile. At the beginning of 2013, Sam and Clayton were finally in a place where they could put put down everything and work full-time on LaboratoryThe Present
Current plans revolve around moving forward with production for multiple board game titles alongside our continuing work for digital platforms. Early this year, Laboratory participated in the OUYA CREATE game jam sponsored by Kill Screen and OUYA, where they brainstormed their new game Television, an insane WarioWare meets Myst affair viewed through the lens of half-remembered memories of television-past.
There are far more images available for Laboratory, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of 'Most Surprising' in OUYA and Kill Screen's CREATE Game Jam" - February 2013
- "Finalist in boardgame design competition Ludo-Outaouais" - Gatineau, Canada, 2007
- "Simply put, Television was unlike any other game we played in the CREATE Game Jam, …and we can't wait to see where it goes."
- , Kill Screen Daily
- "There are a couple of standouts, notably Television from Laboratory Games (video above), which the developer describes as "part WarioWare, part Myst.""
- Jeff Blagdon, The Verge
- "Of all the entries I have looked at so far, this is the one I am most excited about. The mood is excellent. I love the approach and how you are embracing the form."
- tacograveyard, none
- "The coolest looking thing the OUYA has to offer so far."
- Alex McMillan, Tregard
Team & Repeating
1/2 of Laboratory
1/2 of Laboratory
The rest of Laboratory
Television Shader Development